New Capability Enables Developers to Easily Unify Voice and Text Interactions within Apps and Services
SEATTLE, Wash — February 4, 2016 — Flowroute Inc., the leading provider of advanced calling and messaging services for cloud-based companies, today announced the availability of the beta version of its SMS capabilities for enterprise developers to enable customer interactions via text messaging from an existing toll-free or long code phone number. By unifying calling and messaging on a single phone number and through one provider, companies are able to create seamless customer experiences that deliver consistent, personalized interactions leveraging both voice and text-based communications.
Flowroute is reinventing the way developer’s access and control telecommunication resources such as phone numbers, inbound and outbound calling, text messaging and advanced signaling data – to deliver carrier-grade communication experiences through their apps and services. By using Flowroute’s SMS capabilities, enterprise developers can:
- Benefit from the ubiquity and immediacy of SMS to deliver critical notifications to users,
- Incorporate programmatic control of both voice and text messaging interactions into applications via a single API,
- Take customer communication to the next level by providing both automated and live agent support via SMS,
- Enhance the brand experience and reduce complexity for customers by associating a toll-free phone number with both voice and text messaging interactions, and;
- Create user-centric calling and messaging experiences that maintain the privacy of both parties by masking phone numbers when appropriate, for example, when hiring a driver or renting a vacation home.
“Along with voice, SMS has become a critical method of communication for mobile users. Customers today expect immediate and helpful notifications via SMS as part of the app or service experience, whether they are requesting a car, ordering lunch or getting updated on their upcoming flight status,” said Sean Hsieh, co-founder and chief product officer of Flowroute. “As developers look to create unique, modern communications experiences, Flowroute will be found at the core of these apps and services. We’re excited to see the innovative use cases that will emerge from this new capability.”
To learn more about Flowroute’s SMS capabilities, visit here.